Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Productive Day!

This weekend I went to a couple of estate sales in Sun City. If your want to ever travel back in time to the 50's or 60's you should go estate saling there. It's like a time warp inside some of those houses! A lot of those people have never thrown anything away for decades.
Anyway, I found an old lined wicker basket with a hinged lid, some vintage scarves, a wooden bracelet, a purse, and a vintage skirt. I also found a necklace with a bunch of plastic elephant charms and I would like to use them to make bracelets with some other charms. I have been working on more scarves and even thought of making some pillows. When they are completed (hopefully today or tomorrow) I can start listing stuff on my Etsy store.
Close up of scarf.
Front of pillow.



Yesterday I also finished my first shirt for my sewing class at Mesa CC.



Close up of stitching and snap button.


Overall I am happy that it turned out as well as it did for my first shirt. I don't love the fabric but it was what I had and I didn't want to buy any more. The collar was the most difficult part of the shirt but I'm sure next time it will be easier.
Yesterday I also made lemon cookies. (Boy, was I in a productive state!) The recipe states that the cookies should be in a ring shape but I decided to try the tried and true round shape. They came out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The glaze on top is also lemon flavored. YUM!


No comments: